WOW! I MADE IT!!!! It's day 11, I am down 10 lbs. and excited about starting over when I re-introduce solids and carefully so as not to undo all this hard work and detoxification. When we allow our spiritual selves to be in control, we are awakened in a way not really possible otherwise.
JESUS fasted for 40 days-and some might say, well, yeah but it was probably easier to do when there wasn't a McDonald's on every corner, commercials showing a new dish at your favorite restaurant. He didn't have children of his own to cook for every day. I also know that JESUS was fit, exercised a WHOLE lot just by lifestyle and terrain. THAT means he was burning calories better and hungry more often-and hadn't been stuffing His face with burgers and fries, processed foods, so His body didn't necessarily have to cleanse itself-He was out in the sun a lot-LOT more than we are. I'd even venture to say that HIS fast may have been even MORE spiritual.....and yet HE was tempted-Satan trying to suggest He turn that rock into bread-sure He could have done it. Jesus sort of isolated Himself and thus wasn't visually tempted, or by sense of smell was HE tempted but Satan still found a way to SUGGEST an easy way for Him to eat.
While fasting, working in the restaurant environment, I smell WONDERFUL things, I see the steam coming off of the fresh plates of pastas, sauces, cheeses and meats. It's not QUIET, so it's a bit harder to have that solitude I would so LOVE during this time. I have 3 children,and daily I have to do something crazy, you know, FEED them.
SOME periods of time I've had to leave the room because I don't want to HEAR them EATING, chewing, slurping whatever it is I placed before them-almost torturous-haha
This was a CHOICE-so mentally I know, sure I could scoop some noodles into a spoon and have ONE bite, sure and I could have done that 4 days ago, but this is IMPORTANT to me. GOD has been blessing it this far, why stop NOW?? MAKE A GOAL AND STICK TO IT MONIQUE!!!!!!!
This quote came to me via e-mail yesterday and at this point in time it is so PROFOUND: "To get something you never had, you have to DO something you never DID." Well, I can say I wasn't successful at putting a REAL effort into fasting in PREVIOUS years, but this time I DID pray for God's blessing, I DID decide to make a plan and COMMIT to it and here I am, a little over half way there. GOOD STUFF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So proud:). I went to Olive Garden with the fam the other night and I thought of you. I try not to eat white flour its just my thing, but every time we go there my whole fam is stuffing their faces with yummy bread sticks AND dipping it in amazing Alfredo it looks amazing and I salivated the whole time. Its not easy for sure but so cool to feel you made the decision you wanted without breaking down. Temptation is and will always be in our lives. Its empowering to know you have the strength and will to make the "right" decision. Especially with God as our driving force. Way to go keep up the good work friend! Much love.
ReplyDeleteJen